Doris Hancock Elementary School
Wishes you a happy holidays...
ABOUT HANCOCK ELEMENTARY
We believe that the most promising strategy for achieving the mission of Hancock Learning Community is to develop our capacity to function as a professional learning community. We envision a school in which staff:
* Unite to achieve a common purpose and clear goals.
* Work together in collaborative teams.
* Utilize research based strategies for improving student achievement on a continuing basis.
* Monitor each student’s progress.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and general well being of all students.
We reach out to accept the challenge…..
* To be a learning community of students, staff, parents and community members working in partnership.
* To be responsible, to be respectful of others and to celebrate individual and cultural diversity.
* To teach and learn in a goal-oriented, stimulating, positive learning environment.
* To help all reach their potential and become successful, productive citizens in our democratic society.
* To be come accountable for what we teach and learn.
* To teach and learn in a safe and secure environment.
* To continually assess and reflect on our progress and develop programs to meet the needs of our learning community through a shared decision making process.
The staff and students of Doris Hancock Elementary School make a difference for tomorrow by building academic and social success today.
“Soaring High on the Wings of Excellence”